What a busy week we've had...it all started Saturday while I was making cheese soup (and since many of you have asked me for the recipe, I will give it to you: Drive to Fredericksburg, buy a box of Wind & Willow cheese soup mix, mix with water, and serve!). It was all ready and I was waiting for my husband to come out of the bathroom. It seemed to be taking awhile so I went to go call him. Charlie had been barking at this banging noise we had been hearing. Come to find out, the banging was my husband. The doorknob on the door to our bathroom had broken and he couldn't get out! I felt bad because I never bothered to investigate this banging sound Charlie was hearing. I just assumed one of the neighbors on our street was doing some kind of remodeling (I later realized that didn't make sense since it was 30 degrees and misting outside!). Once I rescued my husband, we enjoyed our soup and watched some March Madness basketball.
As you know, later on in the week Charlie had his surgery to have his little tumor removed. It was probably a good thing that my husband had to take him to the vet and not me. I think I would have had a hard time leaving him knowing what was about to happen to him. But, everything turned out fine and they said he did great! I'm not sure who was happier to see who when I picked him up later that night. We go to a wonderful vet and I know they took great care of him. I'm just relieved it's over with and hopefully he won't get anymore of these little tumors.
I've also been busy with this woman's consignment sale (www.mysistershousesale.com) they are having in Abilene this week. I decided to consign some things since I had some things I didn't want anymore. I took a bunch of clothes, a bedspread set, and some home decor stuff down to the sale. The sale started Thurs. and I've been stopping by everyday to dig through all the good stuff that is there. Last night started the half price sale so I got some good deals (which kind of defeats the purpose of getting rid of my stuff only to bring more stuff back into the house!). Today I'm getting ready to go down and work at the sale for a few hours. If you work at the sale, you get to keep more of your sales from the stuff you consigned so I figured I'd try out 'working retail' and see how I like it.
I'm excited because to finish the week off we are going to Perini's for their Sunday brunch tomorrow! And then I have a 4-day week and it'll be Easter weekend. We are looking forward to seeing my parents as they drive through Abilene on their way to visit my brother and sister-in-law in NM, and then we are looking forward to having Dan's family over for Easter dinner. That is just the beginning of all the fun things happening in April this year...stay tuned for all the other good things to come!
女性が欲しい指輪
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment