Monday, March 1, 2010

Babies and Olympics

So my mom gave me permission to have a baby tonight because she found this baby bedding set on Craig's List. My promise to her: buy it and I'll do it!!
My Olympic thoughts:
1. I'm very sad they are over...1438 days until the next winter games! (although I do need to get caught back up on my shows before my DVR erases them!)
2. The Canadian figure skater who won bronze was my favorite athlete. She was so pretty and graceful, and there is no way I could have done what she did under those circumstances.
3. I may have gotten addicted to hockey. It doesn't take much to get me addicted to a sport, (example #1: football, example #2: baseball) and I think that may have happened yesterday. I won't become an avid fan until they get rid of the fighting which I know will probably never happen. Other sports don't allow it and it's such a bad example for kids. But I did watch that whole game yesterday and it was very entertaining!
4. I love Olympic sportsmanship. Most of the athletes are so grateful to be there and do their personal best. I hope NBA, NFL, and MLB players were watching the games. They could all learn a lesson or two!
5. I am considering either a move or a vacation to Vancouver. I loved all those opening shots of the scenery. And I think those Canadian people seem nice.
6. And finally, I think I'm going to try curling. I tried a figure skater's triple lutz in my living room and was unsuccessful. I have bad knees so skiing and snowboarding are out for me. I'm too clumsy to attempt speed-skating. Bobsledding and the luge seem dangerous, so I'm thinking curling may be my ticket to Sochi 2014! I mean, come on, how hard can that really be!?!!?


No comments:

Post a Comment