It had several of my favorite things, too...a swing and a jacuzzi! The cabin was interesting because it was an original cabin built by settlers back in the 1800's. The owners have added rooms over the years, but the original outside walls are still there so that was kind of cool. We had dinner at one of our favorite spots, August E's, the first night. My favorite part about the evening was when I beat my husband, not once, but TWICE at Trivial Pursuit. It never happens at our house, so I think the cabin must have been lucky!
We spent a good part of the next morning shopping on Main Street. I was looking for some stuff to hang on our bedroom walls since I have yet to completely finish the redecorating process that I started around Christmas time. And of course I had to buy Charlie some doggie treats at his favorite doggie bakery! We ate lunch at Beja's. Then we went to a few wineries in the afternoon and stopped by a huge peach farm on the way home.Before dinner that night we just relaxed and enjoyed a nice quiet afternoon. Our last night we ate at another one of our favorite spots, Cabernet Grill. It started pouring while we were there which was perfect because the cabin had a tin roof...and what better way to spend the evening than inside a cozy little cabin with your husband listening to the rain on a tin roof!
Even though it was a little chilly and drizzly the next morning, we still went to the Pioneer Museum that we've always wanted to go to. It was neat to see all the little buildings and to see how pioneers lived. I always say that's the time period I was born to live in! I especially enjoyed the one room schoolhouse as you can imagine a teacher would. We ended our trip with a few quick stops to the Amish store to stock up on good cheese, jams, and beef jerky and Rather Sweet Bakery (where I may have accidentally spent $11 on a mixed berry dessert bar, a lemon-blueberry muffin, a cranberry-oatmeal cookie, and a maple oatmeal scone...Dan dropped me off and I was supposed to run in real quick and pick something out...I may have gotten carried away. For future reference: don't ever leave me alone in a bakery). After lunch at Auslander's we headed home to see our sweet Charlie who I missed very much!!
It was another great vacation with my husband and a fun way to celebrate our 3rd anniversary.

No comments:
Post a Comment