The next day we went and saw Alice in Wonderland in 3-D at the IMAX theater. The 3-D part was pretty cool, but I didn't particularly care for the movie...a little too dark for me! We went to one of our favorite riverwalk restaurants, Acenar, for some drinks and a little midafternoon snack after the movie. Then we went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum and the Palace of Wax. We had never been to either of the museums before so that was fun.
As we were getting ready for dinner that night, we noticed there was something going on outside of our hotel. It turned out to be an arts festival with all kinds of live music, art, dance performances and other artsy things. We had fun walking around there after our dinner at Biga on the Banks, another new restaurant that we really liked.
Our hotel had an amazing breakfast buffet which we enjoyed both days we were there. (I may have enjoyed the cheese blintzes a little too much...) After we checked out of the hotel, we went to North Star Mall which is a few minutes north of the Riverwalk area. I was hoping that with all the stores they had that Abilene doesn't have, I would at least find one thing to buy, but after shopping for a couple of hours I ended up with nothing and Dan walked away with some new pants and new shirts. Oh well! The shopping trip ended with lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and as I was enjoying the Tiramisu cheesecake, I pretty much forgot that I had found nothing that I was looking for!

No comments:
Post a Comment