These past few weeks Dan has been busy working, and with my friend Jennifer coming twice to visit and me going to Dallas for a few days, we haven't seen each other nearly as much as we thought we would this summer. He told me Monday night he would be helping me with the things I needed to do around the house on Tuesday since he needed me to be ready to leave the house for a surprise around 5. I just assumed we were going out to eat somewhere nice. But he had something better planned. He told me I needed to pack a bag since we were spending the night somewhere. I got super excited because I was totally unsuspecting of all this. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but once we started driving he told me he was taking me to the Beehive Restaurant out in Albany which is about 30 minutes from Abilene. It's one of our favorite places to go eat. He also booked a room at this bed & breakfast out there for us. We had a nice dinner, and then we drove around Albany for a little bit. We found some interesting things as we were exploring. This is from this labyrinth maze we found in a park. I cheated and just got in the center once I saw how long it was going to take.

We found a bunch of random stuff to explore in this little city. It was fun!

Then we found this park that had longhorns. The weather was cool and the sky was so pretty!

Dan brought stuff to make margaritas, so after it got dark we headed back to the room and he was nice enough to let me watch the Rangers game. The next morning the lady who owned the place made us a huge breakfast that we ate out in the gazebo. It was such a nice relaxing trip and I'm so thankful for my husband who planned it for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment