Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shopping in the Rain

I had to run some errands last night and I didn't realize it was going to rain until I saw the huge cloud in my rear view mirror. I was already out so I figured I would hurry and try to make it back home. My last stop was Kohl's. I had been in there no more than 5 minutes when it started pouring REALLY hard. So I decided to just keep shopping. Dan called me from work to ask me how the rain sounded on our tin roof. When I told him where I was, he told me to stay put until it stopped raining. I wanted to make sure I heard him right because what I got from that was, "keep shopping until it stops raining". Well you don't have to tell me twice!! I kept right on shopping after promising him I would call him when I made it home safely. Hmmmm, maybe I should shop more during big storms...

It was storming pretty hard and the power went out in Kohl's for about 8 minutes. They made us all go to the front of the store. I guess so we wouldn't steal anything in the dark! As soon as the power came back on, I finished up my shopping and safely headed home to show off my new things to Dan. And thank goodness, he liked each thing I bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment