Monday, June 14, 2010

Nothing too terribly exciting...

To start off my summer, my friend, Jennifer, came into town. We had our usual fun times together going out, laughing, shopping, eating, the usual. Nothing too exciting. I have our traditional picture of us taken by us in the car. It's what 90% of our pictures are since we hate asking strangers to take a picture of us. And then I do have one that one of our husbands took of us. Since Jennifer's husband was in town at the same time working, we had a bar-b-que last Sunday with them and some other friends. I felt bad because it happened to be one of those really hot days and my sweet husband had to be outside in front of the hot grill. We made way too much food which was kind of good because I didn't have to cook anything for awhile. We forgot to make the corn while everyone was over, so as soon as they left Dan grilled it and we ate some. It smelled and tasted so good! I almost was going to post this other picture of me eating the corn that Dan took after he had me shut the open kitchen drawers behind me, but then I realized cute Charlie was in the picture looking kind of cute so I thought I would post this one- even if two of the kitchen drawers are open in the background.
We also celebrated Dan's mom's birthday last Friday night with dinner at Dan's restaurant. It was fun...I do love birthday celebrations! Dan's dad drove in from Austin yesterday and we had dinner with him. We hate that he lives 4 hours away and we're hoping to either go see him this summer or meet him in Arlington for a Rangers game.

Well, that's all that's going on around here...nothing too terribly exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment