Since my husband's birthday always falls near Memorial Day weekend, we usually end up going out of town since we have the 3-day weekend. This year we had a very low-key celebration at home on Sunday. I bought some of his favorite snacks and we started off the afternoon just relaxing at the house. Then after giving him a choice of going to a movie of HIS choice or going to Primetime, my sweet husband chose running errands and doing some shopping with me. This is how we typically spend our Sunday afternoons and he decided to keep up that tradition in the hopes that maybe since it was his birthday celebration he could get to pick out something for himself! We started at Best Buy to research getting a satellite radio car kit for his truck. Part of his birthday gift is to add his truck onto our satellite radio package. We didn't have much luck so we went to Academy next to try and use up some gift cards he had accumulated. We went in looking for a small charcoal grill to use when we don't want to use the big smoker we already have. We ended up scoping out the pools, baseball equipment for my new obsession with going to the batting cages, and we left with nothing. I'm sure we will be back soon to use up those gift cards or he'll use them on golf stuff. We finished our shopping trip at Lowe's. We needed a new weed-eater since ours bit the dust. Somehow we managed to buy a shopping cart full of other things including new flowers for the back patio. I was hoping they took Academy gift cards, but no such luck! We drove through Sonic on the way home where I think I discovered my new favorite drink this summer. A strawberry limeade chiller. It's a strawberry limeade made with my favorite thing: ice cream! We worked out in the backyard for a little bit and then relaxed before going to dinner. Since it was his birthday, I gave him some restaurant choices that I typically don't like going to. He picked CiCi's. (If you think I'm a bad wife because I took my husband to CiCi's Pizza for his birthday, don't worry, I took him out to Abuelo's on his actual birthday). We had a good time and then finished off the evening at home using our new weed-eater, watering our lawn, and watching the Rangers lose. Again.

Happy 30th birthday to my husband!!

No comments:
Post a Comment