Friday, June 11, 2010

Yay for everything summer!

I am so glad summer is here. It is a perk of being a teacher and I will be so sad someday if I ever have a job that does not have a summer.

I am going to attempt to cross of some items on my summer to-do list. I gave myself a week of enjoying summer (aka being lazy, reading, watching TV, laying out, etc.) and now I need to get busy. I have a few little projects around the house I want to get done. And I have some closets I want to reorganize :)

The garden needs some attention, too. I've slacked off on the whole weeding thing these past couple of days. Things are growing like crazy. We're going to have way too many tomatoes here in the next couple of days. Dan built a scarecrow because we suspected birds were getting into the garden. That doesn't seem to be working so we are moving on to plan Z. Something called 7 dust? Some people told us to try that so it's on our shopping list. I am finding myself getting frustrated with the garden since something keeps eating our stuff. I decided maybe next summer it would be easier to just go to the grocery store and buy the produce. Although the tomatoes we ate yesterday were pretty good!

And so I don't become a couch potato, I'm working up at Dan's restaurant a little bit. It's fun and it gives me something to do and oh yeah, I make a little extra money, too! Always a good thing because I'm sure I'll get bored with the whole summer to-do list pretty quick, and then I'll probably start doing some summer shopping!

Well that's what I'll be doing for the next couple of weeks. I also have a fun trip planned to Plano to see my friend Ra'chel get married. Then mom and I are heading up to NY for a couple weeks and before I know it, Dan and I will be off to Maine!

And it may be a tad bit too early to bring this up.........but after summer is over, you do know what comes next, right? Yup...FOOTBALL. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment