Mom and I took our mother/daughter trip this year to NY to visit our family and friends. We went to Syracuse first where I grew up and where my dad's side of the family all still lives. We stayed with my grandparents and enjoyed spending time with them. It was good to see my aunt, uncle, and cousins. We also got together with friends of ours from our old church in Syracuse. It was so good to see everyone again! My mom showed me the apartment where we lived near Syracuse University when I was a baby. Plus we drove by our old house we lived in. And of course we ate! NY has so many good things to eat that Texas doesn't and the only things we could think of that NY doesn't have is good Mexican food and bar-b-que, but even those they are starting to get. So I'm thinking I need to move up there for the sake of my eating hobby. Most of the things I miss are sweets like half-moon cookies, good frozen custard ice cream, and creme-filled donuts. And I miss the cool weather...it was so nice to feel cold in July! The only thing I missed about Texas were Dan and Charlie, and I missed them a whole bunch! Here's a few photos from the Syracuse part of our trip.
My friend Liz's cute little girl, Ellyanna
My grandparents
Delicious ice cream

sounds like ya'll had tons of fun!! i bet its gorgeous there in the fall!! maybe i should go with you in the fall and go apple picking! haha!
ReplyDelete