Saturday, July 31, 2010

NY Trip...Buffalo

After we left Syracuse, we drove to Buffalo where my mom grew up and where her side of the family all still lives. They live about 35 minutes outside of Buffalo out in the country. Since Buffalo is only a 3-hour drive from Syracuse, I spent a lot of time there growing up. We stayed with my aunt who lives on a farm. My mom's side of the family is bigger than my dad's side so we stayed very busy trying to see everyone. We had lots of family get togethers while we were there. I got to milk a cow at the farm where my uncle works, and my cousin took me on a tractor ride. We drove around an area where lots of Amish people live. I went 4-wheeling with another cousin and spent time with some of my cousin's kids. It's weird to think that my cousins have kids because we used to all play together when we were kids. We also went out to the lake where our family used to have a cottage. It was such a fun trip and I really didn't want to leave. And for those of you wondering...yes, I ate lots of donuts! Here are a few photos from Buffalo.

Good NY Fish Fry

Going out with Jason and Deanne

4-wheeling with Duane

Milking a cow

At the lake

Going for a tractor ride with Daryl

Grandma, Mason, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment