Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I'm so lucky to have such a great mom. She is my best friend and just a great person! She has a very caring spirit and is always doing things for other people. I can always count on her for anything and she has always been there for me. She will be a wonderful grandma someday. She's proved that already by being a fabulous dog-grandma to Charlie! She loves kids and I know she will love my future children even more!We always have so much fun together. Our favorite thing to do when we're together is talk and eat, eat and talk, and then eat some more and talk. We know all the best restaurants and bakeries. And of course when we're done we love to shop, too! I can think of a million good memories with my mom growing up and even more recent ones. It's hard to just pick one. As a kid we used to color together and read lots of books. When I was growing up I used to love going grocery shopping with her and taking walks together. And now since we are 3 hours apart, I look forward to our daily phone conversations. It's fun sharing our school stories since we are both teachers. I'm also excited about our new annual mother/daughter trip that we started last year!Every year when I see my kids in my class and the difficult family situations some of them are in, I am always reminded how grateful I am for such a loving and caring mother! Love you, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment