Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Broken House

We've lived in our house for almost 3 years and I have 'broken it' on several occasions-the latest one being this past weekend. I used to be embarrassed about these little mishaps the house and I were having, but now they make me laugh. Let me back up to the first two incidents. Right after we moved in, I was closing a window we had opened and I forgot our windows have storm windows on them so when I was gently letting the inside window down, the other window came crashing down and broke. Oops.

The second incident was probably the worst. I was leaving to go to Dallas with Charlie and I remembered I forgot his leash after I had already backed out of the driveway. I was in a hurry so I quickly pulled back into the driveway and was going to run in real quick to get it. Can you guess how I broke the house? I may have forgot to put the car in park and my car (with Charlie inside) was headed towards the garage door! I quickly opened the car door and put it into park as fast as I could, but too late...it already hit the door pretty good. When I walked into the house I was so afraid Dan would be upset. Once he realized his truck, that was also in the driveway, was okay, he just laughed at me. And luckily he was able to push most of the dent back out. But you can still see remnants of my near collision with the rest of the house. Lesson learned: teach Charlie to drive in case this happens again.

Now back to this weekend when yet again, I had to confess to my husband that I broke our house......again. Apparently I wasn't paying attention when I was backing out of the garage on Saturday, and I was a little too close to the left side. My side mirror decided to take a little chunk of the siding with it as I pulled out of the garage. Don't worry, my mirror is okay.

I do feel better about all these things though because as I was watering our yard the other day, I noticed there are little pieces of siding chipped off on the bottom side of our house. When I asked Dan about it, he confessed he may have accidentally had a weed-eater collision with the house.

I love this house dearly and I do feel terrible for all the pain I have caused it. But, I've stubbed my toes many times and ran into enough walls/doors/etc. that I kind of feel like the house has gotten it's revenge with me.

1 comment:

  1. haha...After reading about your mishaps, I am beginning to wonder if Brian and I need to buy a house to break! haha I almost destroyed my parents house with chicken and a pot of boiling water. Never boil chicken on high! I boiled all of the water out of the pot and burnt the chicken so bad that I set off the fire alarm! I had to open up every window in the house to get out the smoke, and the kitchen had a smokey smell for a couple of days after that incident!

    ReplyDelete