Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun times with my family...

I woke up Tuesday morning to a fun surprise from my husband. At the last minute his sister and her boyfriend decided to drive to Dallas to meet Dan's dad for the Rangers/Angels game, and they wanted us to go, too. Having not been to a game yet this season, I of course said yes very quickly! We left right after school and met up with them. We sat in one of our favorite sections-the all you can eat seats. I think at one point in the game I had a bag of peanuts, some popcorn, a hot dog, and nachos in front of me. And since they don't have any dessert out on the buffet, my sweet husband who knows my sweet tooth bought me a cookie ice cream sandwich after I was done stuffing my face. The Rangers won and it was a great night even if we did have to drive right back to Abilene after the game. My husband was nice to drive so I could sleep since I had to work in the morning.

Friday night I headed back to Dallas to meet my dad for the Rangers/Cubs game. I got us the super cheap seats, but if you know my dad, you don't sit in your assigned seats the whole game. We started the game right behind the bullpen and had fun watching the pitcher warm up. When the section started filling up we decided to head to our 'real seats'. They were actually pretty good seats and there was a nice breeze. They had a fireworks show after the game so that was a fun way to celebrate the win. I think I need to get back to the stadium quickly seeing as they are on a 2-game losing streak.
Colby Lewis warming up

My second home in the background

I am discovering more and more each season how much I like baseball. I have to be careful though because there is no way I can get season tickets to the Rangers. That is 81 home games!! Luckily I can watch them all on TV. I am so passionate about the Cowboys that I just don't have room in my life to be that passionate about TWO teams. Maybe someday when I'm old and retired and the Cowboys stadium is too loud for me, I'll switch over and get Rangers season tickets.

I was excited to get to Plano after the game this weekend because my mom and I were celebrating a belated Mother's Day on Saturday. We went out to breakfast at our favorite spot, Mimi's, and then we went shopping. The Cookie Bouquet store near my mom's house has half price cookies between 3 and 4 on Saturday and we finished off the day by buying a cookie...or maybe two. Fine, we bought three...or was it four? Ok, confession-we bought 5 cookies. But we split them and they were good and that's all that matters.

I love my family and I love spending time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment