Monday, April 12, 2010

Trips to the Metroplex

This last week was a busy week because I made two trips to the Metroplex within 3 days. My husband took me along again this year to go to a big food show in Ft. Worth. It was on Wednesday at the Ft. Worth Convention Center, and it's just booths upon booths of food samples. I literally ate from when we got there around 11 until we left at 1. He walks around and talks to all the vendors and tries out new items for his restaurant. And me? I just eat everything sweet I can find :) They put us up in a hotel in Sundance Square the night before so we took advantage of the free room and had a nice little mini-vacation. We ate at a restaurant we'd never been to called Reata's. It was really good, and we can't wait to go back soon. They had a patio on the roof that we ate on. It was a nice night and for a moment I felt like I was in San Diego!


Then I headed back to Dallas on Friday for the Texas Stadium implosion. I went to Plano first for a little bit to see my mom. It's been awhile since I'd been home so we had a good time even though we were short on time. We ate at Luby's (a personal favorite of mine even though a lot of people don't like it!) Friday night and did our usual drive-thru McDonald's for an ice cream cone. Then we got up early Saturday for breakfast at Mimi's and lots of shopping. We somehow managed to spend almost 4 hours in Target and Ross alone. I tried to sleep a little when I got home because I knew I had a long night ahead of me but that didn't work out so well. My mom and I had dinner at Fish City Grill. She wanted me to try the Oyster Nachos and Fish Tacos. They were both really good, but I still think my husband's fish tacos at his restaurant are better! Then it was back to McDonald's for one more ice cream cone. I got to see a couple of my favorite boys, Peyton & Paxton, that my mom baby-sits for that night. They are so much fun, and I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to try to get some sleep before I left for the stadium. It was a good week followed by a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment