Monday, April 5, 2010

3-day weekend

I love 3-day weekends and this one was no exception! Thursday night my parents were in town for the evening so we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. They were on their way to New Mexico to see my brother and sister-in-law, and they decided to spend the night with us to break up the 7-hour drive. After dinner, mom and I did what we do best-went shopping. When we came home we discovered my dad had stopped at Dairy Queen and had got 4 blizzards for all of us. And since my husband's enthusiasm for ice cream is not as high as mine, I got to have his blizzard, too! Don't worry, I didn't eat 2 in one night...I saved the 2nd one for dinner Friday night. It went perfect with these peanut butter cookies I had made and these jelly beans I was stuffing eggs with. :)

Since I didn't have to work on Friday, I met my husband up at the restaurant for a late lunch. I had his fish tacos which were amazing! Then I got my hair cut and went shopping for all the ingredients for Easter dinner.


On Saturday my sister-in-law, Heather, had a cookout out at her place. She lives out in Eula on what I consider a 'tiny farm'. She has chickens, geese, 2 donkeys, a horse, and several dogs and cats. After we ate, my other sister-in-law, Michelle, and I took turns riding the horse. I decided we both needed to buy a horse and take them out there so all 3 of us could ride together. Dan...not so fond of that idea. But I did surprise him by not falling off the horse!

Sunday afternoon we had Dan's family over for Easter dinner. Dan cooked a brisket and I made all of the side dishes and homemade strawberry shortcake & brownies. Michelle brought her dog over and Charlie had a great time with his little dog cousin. We somehow forgot to take pictures of people and got sidetracked by the dogs so these are all I have of Easter dinner.


This 3-day weekend with our families was fun and busy, but we still had time to remember the real meaning of Easter. We are so blessed to be loved by both a God who sacrificed everything for us and an amazing family who love and support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment