Wednesday, February 3, 2010

3 Things that start with A...

So one of my sweet coworkers informed me that Avatar was a really good movie. I wasn't too excited about it because I'm not into movies that can't really happen in real life. My husband really wanted to see it though, and when I mentioned that to her, she reminded me that he did send me to Minnesota. So all that to say last night my husband and I went to see it.

Here are my thoughts:
1. It reminded me of how we treated the American Indians and I feel bad about that even though I wasn't alive when it happened.
2. I'm not going to lie-I got a little teary-eyed any time a creature died.
3. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire bag of large popcorn that we consumed not once, but twice compliments of the free refills :)

On to TV...I discovered a new American Idol judge tonight. My dog! He was laying down next to me while I was watching it, and I noticed he would only look up when someone awful was singing. So he clearly has an ear for good talent! I wonder if he could be the next guest judge? If he looks up at you, you're going home. If he keeps sleeping, you're going on to Hollywood!

My husband may have to pull a Noah and build us an Ark!! It's been raining all day without stopping and it looks like it's going to continue all night and all day tomorrow. Which is a good thing...if you can just stay home, get under the covers, and get a good book. It is a bad thing if you have to go to work, take a class of 20 children on a field trip, and then go back out in the rain to get your hair cut-only to discover your appointment wasn't until next week. Oops!

1 comment:

  1. Mom has seen Avatar 5 times and I have seen it 3 times. Mom found a Avatar ship cruise that leaves Miami June 7, 2010 and returns in a week. They have Avatar events all week. The screen play writer is on the cruise so you can ask questions all week. Its only $1089 a person and that includes a full Avatar costume with make-up.

    ReplyDelete