Friday, February 19, 2010

Love this month!

If I could, I would write February a letter and tell it thank you for being such a great month. This week was the best week of all in February. It all started last Thursday with a nice little mini blizzard. It was so beautiful! Then came a little 2-hour delay at school the next morning...perfect way to start a Friday!
Then I got to do one of my favorite things on Saturday-bake! My husband wanted some sweet treats for his employees to enjoy on Valentine's Day. He is the general manager at a restaurant, so you can only imagine how busy that day is for them! He of course came to the right person, and I had a great afternoon baking up these Valentine goodies: heart-shaped brownies, peanut butter cookies with kisses, and frosted heart sugar cookies. Oh, and if you're worried about where the scraps went from the brownies after I cut out the hearts and the leftover frosting, let's just say I had to do a little more Wii this week than I would have liked!
Because of my husband's job, we didn't celebrate Valentine's Day on the actual holiday, which is fine with me. Restaurants are crowded then anyways. I did get him his favorite Starbuck's coffee and his favorite breakfast from Burger King to start his day off right. We both had a great day even if we were in separate places. He had a record-breaking weekend of sales at his restaurant. I enjoyed a relaxing day of watching the Olympics/NBA All-Star game, and I finally started a scrapbook I've been meaning to start since December.

And finally I want to thank February for President's Day because I didn't have to go to work! Sleeping in was so nice and then we went to our favorite spot for lunch, the MCM Elegante. They have a fantastic lunch buffet that we try to go to anytime we're both off on a weekday.

I just love February...and I'm not even done with all the good February celebrations...our Valentine's Day celebration and my birthday celebration are still to come in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment